Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Waldport, Oregon Destination Chargers 16Kw (72A)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Sharing info on 4 new Tesla Destination Chargers located at the Waldport Inn, in Waldport Oregon.
I can verify these are Level 2, 72A chargers. Additionally there is one JT772 charger
The location is nearby the intersection of HW 34 and coast HW 101.
All chargers are located in the covered parking spaces. See the photo below.
Each charger has the longer 25' Tesla charger / cord configuration.

There was a nice article written up by the local paper. The article says 5. I counted at least 4... so certainly plenty.
I was the first Tesla to pull in and get the benefit from the new charger install. If you come, say you were referred to the new chargers by Karl / TechVP and his White X.
Local info can be found here:
The Waldport Inn | Tesla

I met with the owners of Waldport Inn, and thanked them very much for the installation. They are very happy that the arrangement with the installer and Tesla worked out. I believe Tesla provided the chargers at no charge.

If you call ahead, as I did, I understand that the Inn owners will be very reasonable to have you charge there. They stated a $5 charge. However be friendly and polite and who knows? It's all good for business.

The lobby hours at Waldport Inn are approx 8am to 7pm.

Trailer parking may be possible but call first. The parking lot location is a pull in, pull out area. No drive through that I can see.

Waldport_Inn_Chargers_19.jpg
Waldport_Inn_Chargers_21.jpg
Waldport_Inn_Chargers_7438.JPG

Looking forward to checking this out next time we drive the lovely Oregon coast.
They wouldn’t let me use the chargers. I was told they were only for overnight guests even though I read that they were for public use. This put me in a bind because I did my research and was counting on the charger. I was told to go to Walmart in Newport, but they are Charge America chargers that are not compatible.

Reactions: JimVandegriff
They wouldn’t let me use the chargers. I was told they were only for overnight guests even though I read that they were for public use. This put me in a bind because I did my research and was counting on the charger. I was told to go to Walmart in Newport, but they are Charge America chargers that are not compatible.
Thanks for the report, Budwinvon. It is so sad that the owner's seem to be lacking the vision to entice Tesla owners to their establishment by encouraging people to use the chargers.

Thanks for the report, Budwinvon. It is so sad that the owner's seem to be lacking the vision to entice Tesla owners to their establishment by encouraging people to use the chargers.
Interesting, as I met the owner when they installed them in 2017. They were very pro Tesla. Of course, they prefer the overnight business too. I'm surprised to hear they changed their tune. Wondering if it could have been some of the hired help? On one trip I made in 2019, I tipped them $5 for a charge -- that seemed to get their attention. Which I think was reasonable. When I return and need a a charge up, I will inquire again. -TechVP