Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk Away Door Lock (Doesn’t seem time work)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Wennfred

Supporting Member
Apr 4, 2019
San Diego
Just got 2020.24.6.5 and I checked marked the Walk away door feature (Exclude Home) and walked away. The car locks as I walk away and I leave the phone in the house and walk back to the car and the doors are locked

So what am I doing wrong here?

Fred

Just got 2020.24.6.5 and I checked marked the Walk away door feature (Exclude Home) and walked away. The car locks as I walk away and I leave the phone in the house and walk back to the car and the doors are locked

Fred

Fred
I found one of my third party Tesla apps was set to lock the car when left unlocked and unoccupied. Now that I’ve disabled that app function our MY seems to be operating as desired.

This happened to me the first time I activated the exclude home setting. But after the first time i drove the car out of the home geofence and returned home, it has worked every time. It's like it needed to leave the geofence and re-enter for it to activate the "don't auto lock here" rule the first time.

Reactions: SoundDaTrumpet
Thanks, I’m sure I would have to leave also disable and re-enable it before returning back to the garage. Will try that tomorrow. Will also make sure my Stats App doesn’t have this turned on as well.

Greet research and fix.

Fred

I like the walk away feature but I’ve noticed that my phone key has become less reliable with this update. Now the only way to get the car started is to use my key card. Anyone else?
I have not had an issue starting the car with the phone but have had a few instances where the car would not unlock and I had to wake up the App before it would work. I sometimes have my iPhone in low power mode and I believe that is what is causing it.

I was able to get it to work without driving the car by first turning off the autolock, saving it, turning it back on, enabling the ignore when at home option and then saving again. It seems like it doesn't get set properly if you already have autolock on and then simply enable the ignore at home feature. Hopefully the software guy sees this.