Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk Away Door Lock isint working...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So recently I got a used Model 3 from Tesla a couple of weeks ago, and I noticed the Walk Away Door Lock function only worked 50% of the time. I would walk away and the lights and computer inside would remain on and car unlocked.

I would have to walk back to the car, open and close the door again for it to work. Has anyone else experienced this issues? Service center isn't covering it under warranty because my front windows are tinted. -__-

If true, I would expect the screen to indicate a door is open. Does the screen indicate a door is open when it is in fact closed?

Basically, once I close the door, the app shows that the door is open and my lights even remain on and the windows wont auto fold (ive selected them to autofold in settings). The whole car is ON, you can even see the MCU on as well. I have to walk back to the car, and shut the door again for it to close. Shutting the door harder vs softer has NO correlation to this issues either.

Its not a software thing. Its not the profile either. When I see the car hasnt locked, I lock it manually from my phone, but the lights and MCU both remain on and windows dont autofold like they are supposed to. The car remains ON.

My biggest thing is service center charging me for this, when in reality is prob a build quality issue and wasnt installed right.

Thats what the service center said. Because the front windows were tinted, the person who tinted them must have taken the door panel off and didnt put it back together correctly, hence voids warranty since its not meant to come off.