Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Chad Schwitters, the former president of Plug In America, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Walk away door lock not excluding home location (2021.32.22)

Since installing 2021.32.22, my 2018 Model S automatically locks when parked at home, even though the home location is supposed to be excluded. Both the walk away lock and home location settings are correct. I’ve rebooted multiple times since installing the build. Anyone else seeing this? It worked correctly with previous builds.

My wife’s Model 3 has the same build, but auto lock is working correctly in her car.

I’ve had this happen when the GPS is a little wonky. Does it know the proximity to open your garage door when you arrive? When you’re navigating does the GPS seem to be in the correct location?
GPS location looks correct, and HomeLink is opening the garage door when I approach the house as usual. A couple of minutes ago I toggled the "exclude home" setting off and back on, and the car hasn't locked yet so maybe that did the trick.

Reactions: Nosken
I've got a similar problem since installing 2021.32.22. I've got walk-away enabled (by having the "exclude home" checkbox unchecked, but this switch keeps getting toggled back on by itself. The car is doing what it's currently set to, but the settings seem to happening all on their own. I think I've turned the "exclude home" switch back off at least half a dozen times. This is a 2020 LR AWD Model 3.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
I've got a similar problem since installing 2021.32.22. I've got walk-away enabled (by having the "exclude home" checkbox unchecked, but this switch keeps getting toggled back on by itself. The car is doing what it's currently set to, but the settings seem to happening all on their own. I think I've turned the "exclude home" switch back off at least half a dozen times. This is a 2020 LR AWD Model 3.
definitely a bug!. :)

Reactions: gblinckmann

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC