Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk away door lock not excluding home location (2021.32.22)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since installing 2021.32.22, my 2018 Model S automatically locks when parked at home, even though the home location is supposed to be excluded. Both the walk away lock and home location settings are correct. I’ve rebooted multiple times since installing the build. Anyone else seeing this? It worked correctly with previous builds.

My wife’s Model 3 has the same build, but auto lock is working correctly in her car.

Reactions: Julzzzzz
I’ve had this happen when the GPS is a little wonky. Does it know the proximity to open your garage door when you arrive? When you’re navigating does the GPS seem to be in the correct location?
GPS location looks correct, and HomeLink is opening the garage door when I approach the house as usual. A couple of minutes ago I toggled the "exclude home" setting off and back on, and the car hasn't locked yet so maybe that did the trick.

Reactions: Nosken
My 2020 S has done this a couple of times after an update. I'd try toggling the "exclude home" off and back on, checking that each toggle is show as being saved in the driver profile. Then I would manually save your final setting by touching the "save" in driver profile.

I've got a similar problem since installing 2021.32.22. I've got walk-away enabled (by having the "exclude home" checkbox unchecked, but this switch keeps getting toggled back on by itself. The car is doing what it's currently set to, but the settings seem to happening all on their own. I think I've turned the "exclude home" switch back off at least half a dozen times. This is a 2020 LR AWD Model 3.

I've got a similar problem since installing 2021.32.22. I've got walk-away enabled (by having the "exclude home" checkbox unchecked, but this switch keeps getting toggled back on by itself. The car is doing what it's currently set to, but the settings seem to happening all on their own. I think I've turned the "exclude home" switch back off at least half a dozen times. This is a 2020 LR AWD Model 3.
definitely a bug!. :)

Reactions: gblinckmann