Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk away door lock not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am driving a Model 3 and facing problems with the walk away door lock function while unlocking works fine. Even connecting cell phone with car works w/o problems. Tried everything including reboot of car and de-installing and reconnecting the app.

Now I found out that a child seat on the front seat is interferring with the reliability of the walk away door lock function. I am sure this is due to the seat sensor recognizing the weight of the seat some times. If i remove the child seat from the seat everything works fine as it should.

I guess that could be an easy software fix for Tesla and would be very much apprechiated as the child seat will still be required for some time...
I hate to be the one to tell you but a Child seat is not supposed to be in the front seat.
They are supposed to be in the rear seat.
For safety reasons put your child in the rear seat. Much safer back there for a child.

In fact where I live you will get a ticket if an occupied car seat is in the front seat.
Also if a child under 10 years old is in the front you will get a fine.

I hate to be the one to tell you but a Child seat is not supposed to be in the front seat.
They are supposed to be in the rear seat.
For safety reasons put your child in the rear seat. Much safer back there for a child.

In fact where I live you will get a ticket if an occupied car seat is in the front seat.
Also if a child under 10 years old is in the front you will get a fine.
In Germany, children are allowed to sit up front as long as airbags are disabled. For jurisdictions this is the case, there is a manual toggle for the passenger airbag.
Model 3 Owner's Manual | Tesla

This is not the case in US, so the passenger seat air bag is automatic and can't be toggled.