Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk-Away Door Lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Walk-Away Door Lock works OK, except it also locks the car at my home even though I have the exclude home box checked.

I have defined home under the map's search bar as detailed on page 136 of the Tesla Model Y Owners manual.

I think the problem is that I am not defining home correctly.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Attachments

• Walk-Away Door Lock.jpeg
    Walk-Away Door Lock.jpeg
    349.8 KB · Views: 272
Also, how big is your spread?

Not sure what radius it uses to define "home" but if your place is bigger, then maybe it's outside that circle ... or there's a bit of an offset

Have you tried defining home where you park as opposed to your address?

Also, how big is your spread?

Not sure what radius it uses to define "home" but if your place is bigger, then maybe it's outside that circle ... or there's a bit of an offset

Have you tried defining home where you park as opposed to your address?
Thanks for the reply. I think you are right as to the problem. I defined home as my address. How do you define home as the car's location in my garage?

The Walk-Away Door Lock works OK, except it also locks the car at my home even though I have the exclude home box checked.

I have defined home under the map's search bar as detailed on page 136 of the Tesla Model Y Owners manual.

I think the problem is that I am not defining home correctly.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
For some reason the walk away door locks now work in my garage. When I walk away the doors do not lock. Thanks everyone for the help in resolving this problem.

New guy resurrecting an old thread.
My model 3 locks when I'm at home. I've checked the box, unchecked, rechecked...
Both profiles are set the same.
I had an issue where sentry mode would activate while at home, but one profile didn't have the box checked. I checked it and that issue resolved.
Walk away lock at home is driving me crazy.
Software is up to date. Bluetooth has been disconnected, reconnected, removed and readded.
Anyone have ideas?

Small-ish townhome.
When I'm in the driveway or in the garage, it shows my correct address, which I set as Home.
I've not had the opportunity to navigate to Home, but when I'm at home, the arrow shows I'm at home.
Ultimately, it's not a huge deal (though locking one's doors while garaged is unnecessary), but if I have to go out to the car to do/grab something and I don't have my phone or card, it's frustrating.
And though I know it's best to just leave the app running on my phone, I've developed the habit of closing any running apps, just for simplicity's sake.
And I've found out the car won't unlock unless the app is running.

what's weird is my mom just got a MOdel Y this week, my dad got model 3 last year. the new Model Y has been locking all week while in the garage even though Exclude home is check while the Model 3 just feet away will stay unlocked with the same settings.

I had this problem a couple of days ago, too. Until that night, the MY would always stay unlocked at home (as intended). Then that night, it would lock itself even though "Exclude home" was still checked. Thereafter, the problem went away. I chalked it up to the navigation being off by a few feet (I have no idea if that was the culprit, but I need a reason for this unreproducible behavior). GPS is accurate to only 15-20 feet so there could be a rounding error that's occasionally causing this issue. My MY has bluetooth enabled but Wifi not enabled. Maybe the GPS isn't precise enough for this feature to be 100% accurate every time