Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk away door locks. Only works 3 our of 4 times.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla can't solve the problem on my 2021 Plaid. Walk away door locks on my 2014 P85D never failed.
On the new car, when I walk away, it will only lock 3 out of 4 times. Is it only me who has this problem? I've tried the fob and the phone. It seems more reliable when I use the phone as a key.

Thanks
~Jay

On the times when it isnt locking, is it also remaining "on", meaning, radio playing still, HVAC still on, exterior lights may be on...?

Thats the issue Im having intermittently. Just opened a ticket. (2022 LR Model S). Research on the forum seems to point to drivers seat occupancy sensor for my case.

I am driving a Model 3 and facing problems with the walk away door lock function while unlocking works fine. Even connecting cell phone with car works w/o problems. Tried everything including reboot of car and de-installing and reconnecting the app.

Now I found out that a child seat on the front seat is interferring with the reliability of the walk away door lock function. I am sure this is due to the seat sensor recognizing the weight of the seat some times. If i remove the child seat from the seat everything works fine as it should.

I guess that could be an easy software fix for Tesla and would be very much apprechiated as the child seat will still be required for some time...