Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk-away Lock Confirmation Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When you walk away from the Model 3, it locks automatically. There is a honk of the horn as a confirmation sound that the car has locked. There is also an option to switch off this sound, which I have done. However, so far every day the sound has magically switched itself back on. This is bad for me as there is a flat above my garage, and I don't want to annoy the neighbours every time I lock the car, especially late at night.

Anyone else had this problem?

When you walk away from the Model 3, it locks automatically. There is a honk of the horn as a confirmation sound that the car has locked. There is also an option to switch off this sound, which I have done. However, so far every day the sound has magically switched itself back on. This is bad for me as there is a flat above my garage, and I don't want to annoy the neighbours every time I lock the car, especially late at night.

I didn't even know you could turn it off! Where do you do it? I will happily try on mine.

Might need to save the setting to your profile...?

I've just tried it on mine and it works as expected
Yeah, it works the first couple of times after I set it. Left the car for a few hours, went back and opened it up to get something out, didn't drive it anywhere, then walked away and it honked at me.

Regarding Easy Entry - is there a set of instructions for this somewhere?

Reactions: m3gt2
Yeah, it works the first couple of times after I set it. Left the car for a few hours, went back and opened it up to get something out, didn't drive it anywhere, then walked away and it honked at me.

Regarding Easy Entry - is there a set of instructions for this somewhere?
Another thing I didn't realise it had and is a feature I have loved on previous vehicles!

easy entry is listed in your driver profiles

I'm finding that the car takes longer than I'm happy with before it locks when I walk away. I'm used to other cars doing it when I'm about 2 metres away. But, I assume because of BT, this one seems to wait until I'm down the road and heading round the corner...o_O

Reactions: m3gt2
I wonder if there is a time based factor in it. I've had it sound the horn when I have been inspecting the car close up (its made me jump twice) so I have been slow to depart, but other times, I've got to the front door (further away, obvs) or on the way there before its tooted.

I must say, this was one of the features that I was most nervous about, but so far, I think it works great, although still disconcerting walking away from a car with music playing and screen lit. I'm not sure I would have been so favourable without the honk though, but state of auto close mirrors is a good backup.

Tesla have launched a new key fob that supports remote lock/unlock on a button and also proximity unlock. I hope they offer it in the UK soon. Phone unlocking is ok, but I prefer a positive open/close and I miss the keys on a key ring! They've also killed the market for brand specific key fobs!

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
Same happened to me in that it didn't save the change when turned off. So the next time I turned it off I also adjusted the steering wheel a click up and down - which then allowed a profile save. This then stored the alarm sound change.