Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk away lock still not working properly after 4 years

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got my seat sensor replaced by Tesla Mobile Service. Super nice technician. 30 minutes to replace. Break in the cable and ribbon housing was very evident. Seems like the factory default is to have the ribbon folded so each time you sit, it compresses the ribbon and it eventually may break like mine.

Tesla3_SeatSensorCable2.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl
Mine started failing about the time I went to 2022.8.2
It has worked for years with Iphones and for several months with Samsung 9.
I have tried multiple Reboots and removed app and Phone and reinstalled.
Occasionally it will work but the best I have gotten is 5 successes out if 8 tries. Most the time in am getting 1 success after several reboot efforts and then it fails repeatably again.

I have a 2018 LR AWD with a 2,5 computer

I got my seat sensor replaced by Tesla Mobile Service. Super nice technician. 30 minutes to replace. Break in the cable and ribbon housing was very evident. Seems like the factory default is to have the ribbon folded so each time you sit, it compresses the ribbon and it eventually may break like mine.

View attachment 791611

Is there any way to check and see if your driver seat sensor is not working properly? Lock when walking away worked on my new MY for 5 or 6 weeks and then stopped working. I checked the option in Locks and it is enabled there. Thanks.

Is there any way to check and see if your driver seat sensor is not working properly? Lock when walking away worked on my new MY for 5 or 6 weeks and then stopped working. I checked the option in Locks and it is enabled there. Thanks.
I don’t think there is an easy way for you to check yourself. I had mobile service come and didn’t watch the process as I stayed in my office working. I assume they removed the front driver seat leather wrap because when the repair was done, the leather wasn’t tight and firmly stretched edge to edge around the seat cushion area as it was before the repair. The repair took about 30 mins.

I don’t think there is an easy way for you to check yourself. I had mobile service come and didn’t watch the process as I stayed in my office working. I assume they removed the front driver seat leather wrap because when the repair was done, the leather wasn’t tight and firmly stretched edge to edge around the seat cushion area as it was before the repair. The repair took about 30 mins.

Thanks for sharing your experience and resolution. I'm going to try deleting and reinstalling the Tesla app on my iPhone and set it again as a Key phone for my MY. If that doesn't work then I'll report problem to Tesla and get appt. for my service center. I live too far from it to get mobile service darn it!