Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk away lock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys, just a update here.

I went back to Tesla service center today and they finally found the problem.

The problem was the driver’s seat sensor.

The car thinks theres always someone sitting down.

Seat belt alert was always on. The technician showed me a trick. When you punch the seat a few times the sensor deactivates then everything works perfect even the walk away lock.

They created a work order for a new seat it should arrive in approx one week.

Reactions: Rothgarr

Seat belt alert was always on. The technician showed me a trick. When you punch the seat a few times the sensor deactivates then everything works perfect even the walk away lock.

Glad they figured it out!

that makes perfect sense why it wasn't locking. glad they figured it out for you.

did they take away the cars ability to auto-unlock when you approach? when we first got the car, my wife and I could just walk up and the doors would unlock.......we now walk up and open the handle and it open 75% the first time.....am i wrong to think that feature is now gone?

did they take away the cars ability to auto-unlock when you approach? when we first got the car, my wife and I could just walk up and the doors would unlock.......we now walk up and open the handle and it open 75% the first time.....am i wrong to think that feature is now gone?

A fair number of people have problems with the phone key. Mine worked great for a while then started to not connect every time. I have an iPhone X and added the Tesla app as a widget and haven’t had a problem since.

Yes they did and no you are not. The Model 3 used to unlock when you were close to the car without touching the car. Last year they removed that feature. Now you have to pull the door handle to unlock/open. Mine opens ~ 95% first time with an iPhone.

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
It might also be because the doors and trunk have already been closed but the key fob has been within five minutes of the car.

It's also possible that this is the cause if your Bluetooth is off. Additionally, if the trunk is improperly closed in the case of the model Y.

Finally, it's possible that you turned off the feature when you were in the area designated as your home.