Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walk away locking not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry this thread may be related to another posted recently. The walk away locking seems to not be working. I am pending installation of 20.40.9 which may be the reason but be observant just in case. My wife phoned me to tell me she had locked the car!!!

Ensure when enabling the setting, the doors are closed and its not in easy entry profile.

There is no requirement for the app to be running in the background if you have background services enabled.

Sorry this thread may be related to another posted recently. The walk away locking seems to not be working. I am pending installation of 20.40.9 which may be the reason but be observant just in case. My wife phoned me to tell me she had locked the car!!!
So, my phone failed for the first time today as well. Not on walk away, but wouldn’t unlock. Screen said use the card. Ended up being Bluetooth failure/weirdness. Bluetooth was on and enabled in the app settings, but not working clearly.

the thing that fixed it was toggling Bluetooth in the app settings for the Tesla app. Toggling Bluetooth on the phone itself or manually trying to pair with the car did nothing.

In my case the disconnect occurred whilst the car was locked so the symptom was not being able to unlock. But I can see if the disconnect had occurred whilst unlocked, the symptom would have been failure of walk-away lock.

So...weird coincidence? Or is this happening more widely?

Knowing where you live, I don’t think you need to worry too much about disturbance :cool:

The “beep” is very short, more of a “bp” really. I turned ours on and from the distance where the car locks it is just audible.

True ... it's "only" guests in the rental cottage who I'll disturb!! ;) I tried it this afternoon and it's thankfully just a brief pip of the horn. If my wife doesn't protest I'll probably keep it set like this.

Reactions: Twurzel and Roy W.
I will be 'bp'ing until I am confident it's behaving. I have just got a new phone (Xiaomi redmi note 9 pro) nice enough but Xiaomi have loads of power saving features which I think may be to blame for apps sleeping. I have also noticed the car ignores the plug release button unless I open a door first - teadious!

Reactions: Neilio
I will be 'bp'ing until I am confident it's behaving. I have just got a new phone (Xiaomi redmi note 9 pro) nice enough but Xiaomi have loads of power saving features which I think may be to blame for apps sleeping. I have also noticed the car ignores the plug release button unless I open a door first - teadious!
Chinese phone companies do have pretty aggressive power management. My old Huawei couldn't run the mindbody app because there are big periods of quiet noise when you meditate. It took these as the app idling and switched off audio...

I guess the xoami, being a new one, will have similar.