Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walked in for a new shirt at the mall and left with this...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having looked at numerous inventory cars recently, the $38,700 is the difference from when the car was built in 2018 and what the market will bear now. The performance cars had a HUGE price reduction earlier this year. $111,500 is in-line with the inventory price of P100DLs.

Rims + FSD + Ludi = $27,500

$111,500 - $27,500 = $84,000

...then comes the Federal Tax Credit.

Reactions: mongo
Add up everything on the sheet (and note that there is no price for ludicrous because it's built into the base cost of the car). = 149,000
Now add doc and destination (1,200) = 150,200
Now subtract the discounts (rims, fsd, ludi = 38,700) = 111,500

Your cost isn't 111,500 - 38,700 (which would be 72,800). Your cost is 150,200 - 38,700… which is 111,500.

Respectfully not following your logic.

The car was discounted $38,700 BEFORE I even approached them about the ludicrous credit, FSD and 21" wheels.

If you could lease this thing that would be epic. I doubt they will allow it though since the residual would almost equal the buying price! (150k x .51 + 3750) = $79740. If they did allow it, you'd only owe the monthly interest (roughly $380)! Might be worth shopping it around to a few 3rd party banks to see what kind of lease they'd offer. According to a thread I found on Leasehackr, Tesla finance's discount limit for leases is $26k.

Reactions: boonedocks
Good discount with free Ludi. I bought first MX P100DL 2018 with 2300 miles last 2 month before end of 1st quarter. Sticker price 150K loaded with every features available with price adjustment -$42K. This MX has Hi Amp 72A Charger on board which want I am looking for and on longer available. I love driving my dream car every minute of it.

Trust me, I asked that same question 3 times separate times and had it written down on paper that the ludicrous would stay but the $20K would be deducted. The sales rep called me about 30 minutes ago saying he spoke to the finance team and we are good to go with taking off the $20K but keeping the ludicrous. I am just waiting now to see lease figures.

Any lease numbers yet?

Hey, if that ends up being the case, awesome. You scored BIG TIME on this. Please update us on how it all goes.

Got the final approved quote ....Can't lease it but am going to buy it. I am still working with them to take out the 21s and add back in FSD as it is only $3K.

Attachments

• Vehicle Quote - 5YJSA1E46JF295440.pdf
    82.3 KB · Views: 94
It is an amazing price, Congrats!! That is where they should be in the be in the first place! I have actually just taken over a lease for a year hoping and holding out for a refresh. In 2017, the car you just purchased was ~$150K, less than 2 years ago!! :eek:
A brand new, 2019 oaded, every option, FSD included is only $108K right now, totally crazy to see a $50k drop in MSRP in less than 2 years...

That’s some price. Do you not like the ride quality on the larger wheels?

Probably knows that he can secure those for less from the TMC market place while getting $4500 off with 19: slipstream stock wheels.

The only challenge is that $4500 off for removal of 21" wheels is at the discretion of regional sales manager (how badly they want the sale for the quarter, and overall how much the car is already discounted, and other variables). :)

Reactions: Zer0t