Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Walkertown Sheetz - Possible Supercharger?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The other day I was driving through Walkertown and I saw something I'd never seen before....ever. Instead of a Sheetz being built, one was being TORN DOWN. Now, this is a Sheetz that I've used a myriad times because it's between home and work, so I was pretty surprised. A little bit of research tells me that they're tearing down the existing station in order to build a a new, upgraded version in it's place. That's great. But it's also got me wondering....since Sheetz is installing Superchargers all over the place, I can't help but wonder if anyone's heard anything about one going in over in Walkertown? Seems like a prime opportunity to do so since everything's under construction anyway.

Address: 5198 Reidsville Rd, Walkertown, NC 27051

I know a lot of you guys know where to look to sniff these out....so I figured I'd see if anyone had heard anything. I know it's not right off the highway like many locations.....but there's a lot of traffic through there (at least when people are commuting into Winston-Salem) so it might make a fair bit of sense since there's not a SC over in Winston.

Thoughts?.

The other day I was driving through Walkertown and I saw something I'd never seen before....ever. Instead of a Sheetz being built, one was being TORN DOWN. Now, this is a Sheetz that I've used a myriad times because it's between home and work, so I was pretty surprised. A little bit of research tells me that they're tearing down the existing station in order to build a a new, upgraded version in it's place. That's great. But it's also got me wondering....since Sheetz is installing Superchargers all over the place, I can't help but wonder if anyone's heard anything about one going in over in Walkertown? Seems like a prime opportunity to do so since everything's under construction anyway.

Address: 5198 Reidsville Rd, Walkertown, NC 27051

I know a lot of you guys know where to look to sniff these out....so I figured I'd see if anyone had heard anything. I know it's not right off the highway like many locations.....but there's a lot of traffic through there (at least when people are commuting into Winston-Salem) so it might make a fair bit of sense since there's not a SC over in Winston.

Thoughts?.
Didn't see anything obvious in what I could see in the building permitting search - doesn't mean it's not possible though.

it seems like it's not too uncommon for sheetz to tear down and rebuild in same location. Fairly fascinating to me from an economic standpoint.

that being said, this doesn't seem like a very needed area. I'd like to see one of the 2 sheetz at the 40/77 intersection get one first.