Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger dead on arrival? (No lights, no nothing)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello Tesla community! I had an electrician install a wall charger yesterday, and the thing just is not working.
Background- I had a perfectly functional NEMA 14-50 outlet. He wired the wall charger in the same spot.
The dude never tested the wall charger once installed (I was at work). When I came home I immediately knew something was not right. No LED light, nothing happened when I pushed the button on the charger (charge plug door didn’t open). I pushed and held the reset button, no clicks, no lights, nothing.
I called the guy and he said he had no clue what would be wrong, and I should check for any loose cables inside.
Did that today- opened it up, made sure everything I had access to was plugged in. Changes the little switch settings, reset the breakers, still nothing.
What are we missing?? Is it a dead unit? Where do I go from here??
Any advise is super appreciated!! Thank you!!

It comes with a pamphlet and the electrician should've done appropriate tests to verify the item working or not... but that's hard to do when the car isn't there.

Could be a dead unit. Will want electrician to check the install with the car there.