TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wall Charger Firmware

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by sknaf, May 26, 2018.

1. sknaf

sknaf Member

Just installed my wall charger, picking up my 1st Tesla later today. Knowing that everything has some IoT built into it - Is there any firmware updating that needs to happen for the wall charger ?

Went with the 100a - #3 wire is a PIA to work with, but 52mph charging will give lots of options ...

~Scott

2. mblakele

mblakele (つ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)つ

3. TexasEV

TexasEV Well-Known Member

It’s a Wall Connector, not wall charger. The charger is in the car.

• Like x 1
  4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure This All Out

Yeh, for sure. Try # 2 for even more fun. IIRC I had to strip and bend the cable and insert it into the WC before mounting it on the wall and then deal with the other end on the breaker.

5. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

In ANY case, the HPWC (or TWC since the HP part seems to be obsolete :D) isn’t connected to the Internet. I don’t think we have any occurrences of its firmware (if any?) being updated.

The UMC (MC? Lol) seems to have some as latest car firmware announces it can/does update it. You might assume the TWC could/should/would do the same but not that I’ve seen mentioned.

Seriously, the only ‘network’ it has is the Inter-TWC serial one for load balancing.

• Disagree x 1
  6. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

If you disagree, please say why... is there a network that we are unaware of in the HPWC’s where we can access them?

If it’s there what does it connect to? I’m aware of the thread discussing connectivity between each other and all that but from externally, what network is there?

This started off as a response to ‘IoT’ which it definitely is not a part of, right?

• Like x 1