Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Firmware

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just installed my wall charger, picking up my 1st Tesla later today. Knowing that everything has some IoT built into it - Is there any firmware updating that needs to happen for the wall charger ?

Went with the 100a - #3 wire is a PIA to work with, but 52mph charging will give lots of options ...

~Scott

In ANY case, the HPWC (or TWC since the HP part seems to be obsolete :D) isn’t connected to the Internet. I don’t think we have any occurrences of its firmware (if any?) being updated.

The UMC (MC? Lol) seems to have some as latest car firmware announces it can/does update it. You might assume the TWC could/should/would do the same but not that I’ve seen mentioned.

Seriously, the only ‘network’ it has is the Inter-TWC serial one for load balancing.

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike
In ANY case, the HPWC (or TWC since the HP part seems to be obsolete :D) isn’t connected to the Internet. I don’t think we have any occurrences of its firmware (if any?) being updated.

The UMC (MC? Lol) seems to have some as latest car firmware announces it can/does update it. You might assume the TWC could/should/would do the same but not that I’ve seen mentioned.

Seriously, the only ‘network’ it has is the Inter-TWC serial one for load balancing.
If you disagree, please say why... is there a network that we are unaware of in the HPWC’s where we can access them?

If it’s there what does it connect to? I’m aware of the thread discussing connectivity between each other and all that but from externally, what network is there?

This started off as a response to ‘IoT’ which it definitely is not a part of, right?

Reactions: Fiver