Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Wall charger(gen 3) or Travel Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd stay away from the Tesla chargers. Maybe i've been unlucky, but they are shipping my second replacement. I wish now I'd of gotten a 220V outlet installed in my garage and spent $50 on an adapter. Hopefully this third one will be the charm.

Reactions: nwdiver
I'd stay away from the Tesla chargers. Maybe i've been unlucky, but they are shipping my second replacement. I wish now I'd of gotten a 220V outlet installed in my garage and spent $50 on an adapter. Hopefully this third one will be the charm.
I have settled to have a Nema 14-50 installed outside my garage and use my adapter that came with the car. My Gen 2 charger is working just fine inside the the garage. What exactly went wrong on the first 2?

Reactions: txtabby
It was getting hot when charging above 38amps. There was a firmware update, that helped some, but even though I lowered the charge amps to 35, it was still getting pretty warm to the touch, almost hot. They sent a replacement, this one, and everything was fine until a month ago when it just stopped. I'll never use the "smart" charging feature again either. I'm going to get a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed next to the charger, just in case.