Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger install sloppy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my wall charger installed by someone on Tesla's recommended electricians list. It's been taking a long time to complete and I'm concerned about the corrugated conduit they used because it just isn't very esthetically pleasing.

Attachments

• IMG_0860.JPG
    IMG_0860.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 226
It's flexible conduit, used to save time. Solid conduit (as up near the ceiling to the very right side of the picture) would be a bit harder to form to the required shape. I'm not a professional, but the only place I've seen it installed by one is where one end or the other might have to flex a little bit. Like from wall to oven or range (hidden wiring) or in my case to a 220V 30-amp-start air compressor. 40-50 years ago it was used more, I believe. I agree it does not look great.

Ok...gotta ask...why is there a TV in the garage?

I built a custom gaming setup for myself and my kids. Plays 10,000 games. Wired the joysticks with competitive gaming quality joysticks and buttons.

Also, I have a pizza kitchen in my garage too.

;)

Attachments

• IMG_0862.JPG
    IMG_0862.JPG
    348.3 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0863.JPG
    IMG_0863.JPG
    422.2 KB · Views: 182
IMHO there is nothing wrong with that flexible conduit. That is what it is for. Making strange connections that twist about. Sure someone could have spent an additional hour or more bending a fixed conduit, if they had the bending tools, but to what value?

BTW I have a much larger flex conduit in my garage for the sub panel for our house. Of course my garage is no where near as nice as yours, but still. I don't think it looks bad or out of place in your garage at all.

Now if you were to ask when they did not bury it in the wall ...:)

Reactions: Rocky_H
I built a custom gaming setup for myself and my kids. Plays 10,000 games. Wired the joysticks with competitive gaming quality joysticks and buttons.

Also, I have a pizza kitchen in my garage too.

;)

So it's an arcade & pizza joint with big doors?

Love seeing what others have done with their garages - you should probably head over here and post that: Lets see your garage!

I would love to be the OP's kid. What a swell setup.

But to be on topic, what your electrician did was fine and passes code. They saved time and material, I just hope you were charged reasonably.

You can move the TV higher, get an Xbox One and put a kinect sensor on top of the TV. That will hide most of the flexible conduit.
Kids won't complain..