Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Install Today, what should I check.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an electrician install a new panel and the wall charger today. It was his first Tesla wall charger install, anything specific I should check before my car shows up?

my_charger.jpg

Well the first test was passed based on the fact that you have a green light.

As was pointed out find a Tesla that can do your maximum rate (80 amps?) and make sure that works OK.

I cannot see what size breakers you have so make sure if they are not 100 amp breakers that the WC is down selected to the correct wattage.

Sad day here...

Electric company came out to approve a breaker upgrade today (no room on existing breaker for HPWC). they would not approve because the city requires the breaker to be at least 3 feet from the gas meter (why?). Moving a breaker will allegedly require trenching to the street and that get expensive... I am looking in to moving the gas meter (maybe cheaper alternative).

Anyone else have any problems with existing breakers during installation of home chargers?

Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Sad day here...

Electric company came out to approve a breaker upgrade today (no room on existing breaker for HPWC). they would not approve because the city requires the breaker to be at least 3 feet from the gas meter (why?). Moving a breaker will allegedly require trenching to the street and that get expensive... I am looking in to moving the gas meter (maybe cheaper alternative).

Anyone else have any problems with existing breakers during installation of home chargers?

Any insight or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I had to have a new main panel installed, because there was not room on the older panel. Total cost for the new panel, running the cable to the garage and installing the HPWC was $2,600