Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Installation (Gatineau)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey folks,

I'm looking for any recommendations for an electrician in the Gatineau region for a wall charger install. I've received one quote that seemed high (Nearly $1k) considering my install has no complications or anything. Maybe I'm wrong and this is a common price?

Thanks!
Rito

Can’t help with recommendations but my first quote for a 14-50 outlet was $1000 for no more than 20ft run, mine also won’t be difficult as panel is basically other side of the wall. Neighbour paid more for their wall charger install a couple years ago and it seems a lot of contracting prices have gone up. Perhaps my mistake was mentioning it was for a Tesla, I’ve heard anecdotally that raises the price.

will get 2 more quotes

Can’t help with recommendations but my first quote for a 14-50 outlet was $1000 for no more than 20ft run, mine also won’t be difficult as panel is basically other side of the wall. Neighbour paid more for their wall charger install a couple years ago and it seems a lot of contracting prices have gone up. Perhaps my mistake was mentioning it was for a Tesla, I’ve heard anecdotally that raises the price.

will get 2 more quotes

That's great to know, thanks! I've seen a wide range in quotes, but maybe this is a more common price these days.