Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Installation

Ladybugn

OD: 7/24,MSM LR,FSD. VIN’d, Delivered: 11/20 🙂
Jul 30, 2021
Maryland
For wall connection installation, do you guys pick the electrician from the Tesla website or can it be any licensed electrician?
My opinion is use the Tesla recommended electricians.
I live in a condo, it has 4 chargers/connectors installed already. Gen Manager had me contact the electricians that placed those. One came out for walk through but never gave me a quote, the 2nd one never answered my calls/emails. I then contacted 3 electricians from the Tesla recommendation page and they all answered. First one that responded came out and did a walk through in July and they just did the install Monday (timing was my choice). Now I wait for my car.

Reactions: pilotSteve

edulinka

Jul 7, 2021
Albany ,NY
My opinion is use the Tesla recommended electricians
Tesla recommended 3 of them in my area. One of them gave me outrageous price another one say they will stop by in October -November because they so busy with solar and another one did not respond so I found one on Home Advisor

Ladybugn

OD: 7/24,MSM LR,FSD. VIN’d, Delivered: 11/20 🙂
Jul 30, 2021
Maryland
Tesla recommended 3 of them in my area. One of them gave me outrageous price another one say they will stop by in October -November because they so busy with solar and another one did not respond so I found one on Home Advisor
So the first walk through guy made the obvious recommendation to connect to meter on my garage floor but it was likely twice what I paid. Tesla recommended electrician suggested alternate....here's my WC. Install goes down and across several parking spaces, up through a hole in the floor along large pipe to the submeter on the garage floor above me. Sadly I park my 2003 Corolla next to it. The neighbors must be confused. 😳

Attachments

• IMG_20210927_144502.jpg
    IMG_20210927_144502.jpg
    359.3 KB · Views: 49

Vaildriver

Sep 16, 2021
Colorado
My main power supply is on the other side of the wall with the skis. It's about 30 feet total run that you can see. There's 5 feet in the main outdoor cabinet. With that said, I had 3 quotes from different companies ($2100, 1700, 900) and obviously went with the cheapest as they are all well-known companies and it's not exactly rocket science.

rjpjnk

Mar 12, 2021
NJ
Looks nice. Are there any regulations regarding type of conduit for the WC install? Metal/PVC/flexible?
If not, seems like flexible is a very convenient option.

mrwug

Jul 30, 2021
Colorado
I had 3 quotes from different companies ($2100, 1700, 900) and obviously went with the cheapest as they are all well-known companies and it's not exactly rocket science.
I had a similar experience with my CO install. Prices ranged from $1,250 to $3,600. The most expensive one wanted to run a trench around my house. The cheapest one ran cable through my crawlspace to the garage.

Vaildriver

Sep 16, 2021
Colorado
Looks nice. Are there any regulations regarding type of conduit for the WC install? Metal/PVC/flexible?
If not, seems like flexible is a very convenient option.
Not that I could tell. This is flexible with a metal liner inside. Approved for both indoor and outdoor applications. 6AWG copper.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC