Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger Installation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any qualified electrician can do it. So long as the understand code. I installed a 60 amp breaker with 4 gauge THHN in conduit runs for my setup and it's thick but it works well and they wanted 1000-1500 to install it. Cost me 2 days of work and 375 in parts outside of the charger itself and it came out fine. You just don't want to touch the two 120 v lines coming in and kill the rest of the breaker.

Lots of great videos on YouTube of this as well. First time doing it myself and if you can access the areas yourself, you might give that some consideration.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Any qualified electrician can do it. So long as the understand code. I installed a 60 amp breaker with 4 gauge THHN in conduit runs for my setup and it's thick but it works well and they wanted 1000-1500 to install it. Cost me 2 days of work and 375 in parts outside of the charger itself and it came out fine. You just don't want to touch the two 120 v lines coming in and kill the rest of the breaker.

Lots of great videos on YouTube of this as well. First time doing it myself and if you can access the areas yourself, you might give that some consideration.
Thanks

It's not hard, you can do it yourself if you wanted to. If you hire and electrician, and if your electric panel still have slot for the breaker, anything over $250 is expensive since it's very simple to do. It's only complicated and expensive if you don't have enough wire/amps in your electric panel, if that is the case, they need to run additional from outside.

• Disagree
Reactions: jcanoe
It's not hard, you can do it yourself if you wanted to. If you hire and electrician, and if your electric panel still have slot for the breaker, anything over $250 is expensive since it's very simple to do. It's only complicated and expensive if you don't have enough wire/amps in your electric panel, if that is the case, they need to run additional from outside.
Setting an expectation that installing an electrical circuit, any circuit, will only cost $250 is misrepresenting the true cost. On the low end, where the service panel is in the garage and the Tesla Wall Connector will be installed just a short distance from the panel the cost might be close to what you stated (assuming you can even find an electrician to do the work for that price.) Anything else is going to cost more, in some cases much more depending on the distance and difficulty in running the wire.

ESA sticker alone will run you more than $250.

Also, remember we have NMD90 cable in Canada. We can run 60A circuits through 6/3 NMD90 wire that they can’t in the USA because they have NM-B wire, which is only rated to 60C values (55A in this case). NMD90 is rated for 90C tables and your breakers are more than likely 60C/75C rated, which is good for 65A circuits.

I used a good Electrician out of Port Colborne, if you need someone local.