Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger LED status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

zaroba

Feb 24, 2021
Earth
Just installed a new Wall Charger in preparation for a new car next week. It is provisioned at 60 amps. From the limited documentation, it looks like it should show 5 green leds on the face of the charger. It did show these during the setup, now it only shows one. Is this normal?

Thanks for the help.

During setup:
890AD616-1766-4572-B642-471574B371CB.jpeg

After setup:
70FA26B6-0455-4F0B-A929-EDBCC3533144.jpeg

Yes, one stationary green light is the normal status when you are not charging, regardless of the provisioned amperage. During charging, the combination of green lights will scroll downward one at a time.

If this is your first-time use of the charger, look on your car's display when you first plug in to verify the current draw climbs to a full 48A (80% of your 60A circuit rating).

Last edited:
A gray MYLR. it is almost arriving too quickly. I had 7 weeks left my on Jeep lease. Tesla was quoting 2 to 6 weeks delivery time for a Y. Between order and deliver will be exactly two weeks. Crazy fast.

Yeah, that's quite fast. It took 10 months from the time I ordered to delivery but I ordered in Aug 2019 before they had even started deliveries.

When you look back, I'm guessing you won't mind spending an extra month or so of lease payments to start driving your new Tesla earlier. It's such a good driving experience.

I have a Gen 2 Wall Connector that I am using to charge a 2022 MXP. Things have been fine for past 7 months until a few days ago I notice the green LEDs on the wall connector were not lighting up. I reset the breaker and noticed amber light which flashed several times and then still no green light. The vehicle is still charging fine with 48 amps and no apparent problem. Is anyone aware of this issue? Ideas?

I have a Gen 2 Wall Connector that I am using to charge a 2022 MXP. Things have been fine for past 7 months until a few days ago I notice the green LEDs on the wall connector were not lighting up. I reset the breaker and noticed amber light which flashed several times and then still no green light. The vehicle is still charging fine with 48 amps and no apparent problem. Is anyone aware of this issue? Ideas?
Pages 25-27 of the Gen 2 Wall Connector manual will give you the error codes for a flashing red light. You’ll need to note the number of times it flashes red and the state of the green light to determine the meaning of the error code.
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/wall_connector_installation_manual_80A_en_US.pdf

Reactions: unctarheels
Pages 25-27 of the Gen 2 Wall Connector manual will give you the error codes for a flashing red light. You’ll need to note the number of times it flashes red and the state of the green light to determine the meaning of the error code.
https://www.tesla.com/sites/default/files/downloads/wall_connector_installation_manual_80A_en_US.pdf
I appreciate your reply and the link to the manual. The yellow light blinks 3 times and only when I first reset the breaker. Then there are no streaming green lights but the charging display in the car indicates 48 amps at 232 volts (11 kW). Same amount of power as I was getting for past 7 months. So strange that there are no green streaming lights on during the charge though.

I appreciate your reply and the link to the manual. The yellow light blinks 3 times and only when I first reset the breaker. Then there are no streaming green lights but the charging display in the car indicates 48 amps at 232 volts (11 kW). Same amount of power as I was getting for past 7 months. So strange that there are no green streaming lights on during the charge though.
Yellow light blinking 3 times (but with green lights streaming) indicates "Charging current is reduced due to high temperature detected inside the Wall Connector." However, since your green lights are not streaming, it's not clear whether is the code that corresponds to your error. Does your Wall Connector feel warm while it's charging?