Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger price just dropped after purchase

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought a Wall Connector 3 weeks ago, and since then the price has dropped 20%! I could return it and buy a new one, but they charge a 15% restocking fee, which means I'd save just $25, rather than the actual price difference of $120 (Canadian prices - was $630, now $510)

Just: Grrrr.

The same thing happened to me. I emailed support and they responded quickly. They will price match and issue a refund for the difference in 3-5 business days.
Screenshot_20220507-184209_Gmail.jpg

I got refund, but Tesla made it seem it was not the standard practice. The only thing that matters is I got my money back!

Please be advised Tesla typically adjusts pricing as we find more efficiencies in manufacturing. In an effort to be transparent, we adjust the prices of our products to pass along the savings to our customers. This is in the spirit of continuous innovation and improvement. We do not typically provide price adjustment refunds however, we have made an exception this time. You will receive refund of $95.00 (tax not included) for each order. Please allow 2 to 3 business days to process the refund back to your original form of payment. Let me know if you have any questions.

Reactions: FLTessie
I got refund, but Tesla made it seem it was not the standard practice. The only thing that matters is I got my money back!

Please be advised Tesla typically adjusts pricing as we find more efficiencies in manufacturing. In an effort to be transparent, we adjust the prices of our products to pass along the savings to our customers. This is in the spirit of continuous innovation and improvement. We do not typically provide price adjustment refunds however, we have made an exception this time. You will receive refund of $95.00 (tax not included) for each order. Please allow 2 to 3 business days to process the refund back to your original form of payment. Let me know if you have any questions.

Same happened to me, and I'm in Canada like you OP.

I sent them an email and they replied it wasn't standard practice but that they would issue a refund. I had bought it a bit over a week before the price increase and it was delivered just a few days before, so they might have a cutoff for matching the new price.

Maybe it has to do with rep who answer the email… Here my response:

“Thank you for contacting the Tesla Shop. After review, as you are still within the return period, you can expect a price adjustment refund of $95 total for the Wall Connector on order # to the original form of payment in 3 to 5 business days.”

Reactions: baddiebats
Maybe it has to do with rep who answer the email… Here my response:

“Thank you for contacting the Tesla Shop. After review, as you are still within the return period, you can expect a price adjustment refund of $95 total for the Wall Connector on order # to the original form of payment in 3 to 5 business days.”
I got the same response. I ordered 3/25.