Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger, quick start up guide is gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ottleyj

Aug 13, 2021
Utah
We think our electrician threw it away when he installed the wall charger. Is there another way we can connect to Wifi? All the videos say my charger should have the QR code on the side, but it's not there.

I'm thinking electricians are doing it on purpose. It's not safe that end users are able to connect and potentially change the maximum amps to higher than the wire/breaker support. I think that's why in some areas they are forced to install a wire/breaker that supports 60A even though you might configure it to 32A.
I think a reset would bring its local hotspot online for configuration but I don't know enough and will let someone else provide the exact answer to your question.

We think our electrician threw it away when he installed the wall charger. Is there another way we can connect to Wifi? All the videos say my charger should have the QR code on the side, but it's not there.
The other data(ssid and password) is probably there in text, or you can pop the guts off the HPWC(two screws each, top and bottom) and there's another copy of the information on the back of it.

I lost my quick start guide also. Here are the steps I took to connect to the wifi network.

1. Turn off the breaker
2. Remove the 4 screws holding the wall connector to the mounting plate.
3. Take a picture of the QR code for later use
4. Reattach wall connector with 4 screws
5. Turn on the breaker
6. Use the QR code from step 3 to connect to the network either by using another phone or using Google lens to access the QR code from the photo.

Follow the instruction manual for th rest of the steps needed.

Reactions: thecavalry