Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Charger; significant reduced speed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone. I recently ran into a charging issue. I have the newest wall charger that can do 44mi/hr as it’s on a 60 amp circuit. Last few charges, I noticed a significant reduction to only 14 mi/hr. No error messages that I have seen. I flipped the breaker for the wall charger to no avail.

Looking for any solutions before calling the SC. The wall charger is about 2 mos old. Installed the same day I got my M3. Up until now, it was charging as advertised.

Thanks in advance!

William

See if you can increase the speed in the car when you start charging. The car remembers the last setting so once it charged at that speed once at that location it would keep setting it to that speed, but you should be able to increase it in the car.

• Disagree
Reactions: Gasaraki
See if you can increase the speed in the car when you start charging. The car remembers the last setting so once it charged at that speed once at that location it would keep setting it to that speed, but you should be able to increase it in the car.

Thank you! I will give this a try on next charge. Only thing that I’m curious about is how it went to a lower charging rate ‍♂️

Hey everyone. I recently ran into a charging issue. I have the newest wall charger that can do 44mi/hr as it’s on a 60 amp circuit. Last few charges, I noticed a significant reduction to only 14 mi/hr. No error messages that I have seen. I flipped the breaker for the wall charger to no avail.

Looking for any solutions before calling the SC. The wall charger is about 2 mos old. Installed the same day I got my M3. Up until now, it was charging as advertised.

Thanks in advance!

William

Probably the wall charger is broke like mine since july. Still waiting for a replacement.

Mine would start at 48A then drop to 24A then drop to 6A.

Probably the wall charger is broke like mine since july. Still waiting for a replacement.

Mine would start at 48A then drop to 24A then drop to 6A.

But you also clicked "disagree" on a previous post I made, when I said "I would buy a version 2 HPWC instead of a version 3 one, since many are having issues with version 3".