Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger - Solid Blue Light - Will not charge properly - Solid Blue light equals firmware update needed on the wall charger.

I wanted to post this so that I could maybe help others with this issue.

If you have a solid blue like on your gen 3 tesla wall charger this is a simple firmware update that was fixed by calling the tesla wall charging dept. 877-961-7652 have your wall charger ID number ready. You do not get an error messages and are left wondering how to fix. The people at service have no idea either.

How it happens.....If the vehicle is plugged in when the firmware tries to update it won't work and then the wall charging also won't work properly and kicks you off after 10 mins of charging. The send these updates every 3 months at midnight which is when I charge so I didn't get the firmware update.

All you need to do is call the people at the wall charger and they update the firmware for you and walk you through how to fix.

again on the gen 3 tesla wall charger a Solid Blue light equals firmware update needed on the wall charger.

I guess I will have that number on speed dial since I always charge at night.

DerbyDave

Jul 2, 2020
Kentucky
The reason I posted the manual's page is to show that your problem is not the only reason the blue light was on. It can be a number of different issues if it remains on. In any event, it is good to report it to Tesla. It could be that your car needs to have an update, or there is a problem with the wall connector plug or port. In your case, the wall connector needed an update, which should occur automatically without you calling. My wall connector has updated several times without me calling. Glad your issue was easily fixed!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC