Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger stopped working - how to get it replaced?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Folks!

I bought a wall charger from Tesla and had it installed by a Tesla authorized electrician a little under a year ago. Unfortunately, It stopped working a bit under a month ago and I had it looked at by the electrician who installed it and they said the electricity supply was ok and wall charger was defective. I’ve been trying to reach someone at Tesla to have a replacement sent over for almost a month but I can’t seem to reach anyone. I sent a service ticket though the app but the Tesla service rep mentioned that they don’t do wall charger service through the app (only car service). They provided me an email to redirect the request to but I haven’t heard back in three weeks. Ive also tried calling the service phone number but I can find the right option to reach someone for my issues. The warranty on the charger is valid for 4 years so I don’t risk timing out on that but Charging from the wall socket is painfully slow and I just can’t seem to reach someone who can give me next steps. Anyone here have a suggestion on how to reach someone that can help me?

regards
Sid

This is a really long thread but near the end there is a number with a series of prompts that gets you to the correct department to replace a defective charger. I think they have changed which department handles home chargers. Might be why your not getting a response.

Also, have you tried turning off the breaker and waiting for about a minute and turning it back on ?? Power cycling seems to fix a lot of Tesla issues.

JMT's. Hope it helps !!

This is a really long thread but near the end there is a number with a series of prompts that gets you to the correct department to replace a defective charger. I think they have changed which department handles home chargers. Might be why your not getting a response.

Also, have you tried turning off the breaker and waiting for about a minute and turning it back on ?? Power cycling seems to fix a lot of Tesla issues.

JMT's. Hope it helps !!
thank you so much - I was able to reach someone finally and they had me update my firmware. However that didn’t help so will be calling again tomorrow. I am just glad to not be running into dead ends!

Reactions: StanMI