Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger suggestions to stop scraping socket?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Have a Tesla wall charger fitted outside to my brick wall.
What I've found is everytime I pull out the charge plug it scrapes the side wall (or takes the skin off my knuckles!) as it scrapes the brick wall.

Has anyone any solutions to stop this happening, my thoughts would be to put some foam covering over the wall in the part just behind the charge socket where it sits? Any tips or advice appreciated?

Many thanks.

I bought this off Amazon to prevent scraps on the cable and to make it more visable in low light so we don't trip on it.

ZZ Lighting 6.5Ft 16mm Cable Management Hose Protector Sleeve Spiral Wire Wrap Tube Cable Organizer, Yellow​

1669982197104.png

Reactions: tesstuff and ATPMSD
I would think foam would not last very long. You could try using a thin piece of wood; paint it then attach it to the wall.

Or, dismount the wall connector and reinstall it using some standoffs, or put a piece of wood between the wall and the wall connector when you reinstall it.

Reactions: tesstuff
It's the plug where you grab with knuckles facing the wall on the arrow:
Aaaah, I totally missed that. If I could find it, I would look for a piece of plexiglass that mounts between the wall & charger and extends out to the area behind the plug. That way, you still see the brick, but it is behind the plexiglass to save your plug & knuckles.

I have our wall connector hanging outside our brick house and we don't have a problem grasping the connector from the wall unit without engagement or knuckles. We grab it with our fingers and then move it over to the car for plug in.

No issues here.

No need to grab it with your whole hand, just your fingers are sufficient.

Attachments

• 20221018_165004.jpg
    20221018_165004.jpg
    601.6 KB · Views: 65
  • 20221018_164925.jpg
    20221018_164925.jpg
    643.4 KB · Views: 70
Just curious... can you just operate with a plug a little more carefully in order not to scratch it? Is it that difficult?
Reading this thread, I could not understand "what they are talking about?" first...

When I remove the plug and put it back, I never touch the wall, and it's not something that is hard to do...

Reactions: jpfive