Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unless you really need it skip the wall charger and just have a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed near where you park and charge with that. I've been doing that with my Ss since 2015.
Agreed. It also frees you up to use other EVs down the road, or to simply replace the mobile connector yourself if it fails. It does not look particularly challenging to replace the HPWC either, though some people are still put off by working around high voltage. Replacing the UMC is as easy as replacing a toaster. A second UMC is also far cheaper than a Tesla HPWC, and it is also easily resold if you move on from Tesla.

I don't know if there is "best" charger, as it is not a "charger" but an interface between the car and the electricity in your house. I use an OpenEVSE "charger" for the past 6 years without issues. You save money if you can assemble it yourself, then get an electrician to hook up the 240V outlet if you are not comfortable doing that.