Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

WALL CONNECTOR, 32A THREE PHASE Wire size

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hi
i install wall connector at my home here and know i want to install one at my work rented town house so they limit me with the wire size

here i have 10 SQMM wire and the work house 6 SQMM and they say that 32 A need only the 6 SQMM i am scared that may burn the house :rolleyes: .
do i need to lower the amps to less than 32 on the wall connector configuration . to 25A for example
Not that we have the same EU voltage in GCC/Dubai

Attachments

• IMG-0058.jpg
    IMG-0058.jpg
    473.3 KB · Views: 504
Do you have the Tesla Wall connector Gen3? (This is IMHO) I have the Tesla Gen3 and and a 60amp breaker with code wiring. I set mine 40a as I don't like the heat 48a produces even thou the electrician said that it was within specs of the breaker. Also there is a noticeable difference in heat at handle. I did not measure exact temp of heat but it was noticeable.

M

This is challenging, because it's a different region and different unit of measure to find information on wire sizes in sq mm. I did find a document that contains a table on the wire sizes for different circuit ratings.

The page numbering is strange, because each sheet of the PDF document shows two pages of the book that it's displaying. So on sheet number 79 is pages 154 and 155. There are some tables of wire sizes and ratings. I'm having a hard time figuring out which table applies to the wiring method you are going to have. I see the word Duflex, which I looked up, and that seems to be a multi-wire cable. It looks to me like the 6 sq mm size is rated high enough for a 32A circuit, so that does seem all right.

As I pointed out in your other thread on this subject - your car's onboard charger's maximum draw is 24 amps on each phase, so I don't think there's much to worry about. You could probably set the rotary dial on the wall connector down to 25 amps as an additional fail-safe without affecting the rate your car is currently charging at.

hi
i install wall connector at my home here and know i want to install one at my work rented town house so they limit me with the wire size

here i have 10 SQMM wire and the work house 6 SQMM and they say that 32 A need only the 6 SQMM i am scared that may burn the house :rolleyes: .
do i need to lower the amps to less than 32 on the wall connector configuration . to 25A for example
Not that we have the same EU voltage in GCC/Dubai
Hi, here in Denmark we use a 6 SQMM for 400v 3 phase 32A - 22kW. Do you have 230V on each single phase?

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
This is challenging, because it's a different region and different unit of measure to find information on wire sizes in sq mm. I did find a document that contains a table on the wire sizes for different circuit ratings.

The page numbering is strange, because each sheet of the PDF document shows two pages of the book that it's displaying. So on sheet number 79 is pages 154 and 155. There are some tables of wire sizes and ratings. I'm having a hard time figuring out which table applies to the wiring method you are going to have. I see the word Duflex, which I looked up, and that seems to be a multi-wire cable. It looks to me like the 6 sq mm size is rated high enough for a 32A circuit, so that does seem all right.

that's helps a lot , i think the wires are fine as the pdf says

As I pointed out in your other thread on this subject - your car's onboard charger's maximum draw is 24 amps on each phase, so I don't think there's much to worry about. You could probably set the rotary dial on the wall connector down to 25 amps as an additional fail-safe without affecting the rate your car is currently charging at.
yes we have gen 2 max (32A) - and as you said i think its perfectly fine , the problem is our indian electrician dont speak english or arabic so its hard to understand anything