Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector Cable Organizer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

K-MTG

Sunshade Captain of TMC
Oct 24, 2015
Irvine, CA
Though I do not have a VIN, I am "suppose" to take delivery of my Model X 90D in mid-April. My Wall Connector took two days to install and just finished. I really can't test it yet to make sure it works.

My Wall Connector is placed between both garages but unfortunately I do not have enough room. Any recommendations, the hook can't hold the charging wand due to the stress of the cable turns. Would appreciate any advice? I got some hooks from Home Depot but need assistance on where I should hook the cable.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3529.jpg
    IMG_3529.jpg
    392.3 KB · Views: 466
The Wall Connector (HPWC) is in the test mode until you reset to regular. If it passed the Test, you should be good. That is where I am. It checks the voltage and ground return to the panel.

On the cable hanger,, do you have enough room to place the hanger below the wall connector. The cable should be able to be "looped" over the connector a couple of times, but try to keep it off the floor -- avoid chaffing. Also, some have attached a hanger above with a spring to hold the cable.

@K-MTG, Sounds like you may have enough room for the Hanger below the wall charger. Just make sure to place the hanger on a wall stud, not in dry wall since the charge cable is heavy. Check this post to see how some "looped" the Cable over the hanger several times. Charger Home Installation Also, if the HPWC is firmly attached to a Stud, you can use it as a hanger as well and just use the small hanger as a holder for the handle.

Just organized the setup, installed two additional wire hooks and moved the wand holder higher.

However, I am concerned about the build quality, in less than 24 hours I already got a ding and scratch on the charging wand.

Attachments

• IMG_3540.JPG
    IMG_3540.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    171.8 KB · Views: 389
Though I do not have a VIN, I am "suppose" to take delivery of my Model X 90D in mid-April. My Wall Connector took two days to install and just finished. I really can't test it yet to make sure it works.

My Wall Connector is placed between both garages but unfortunately I do not have enough room. Any recommendations, the hook can't hold the charging wand due to the stress of the cable turns. Would appreciate any advice? I got some hooks from Home Depot but need assistance on where I should hook the cable.

Thanks
Get ahold of (maybe ask your electrician) an old wire/cable spool. Cut the rim back on two sides and mount it to the wall. Your cable can then be wrapped on the spool's gentle curved center with the top part of the rim still in place to prevent its falling off. Like a garden hose rack, but more compact.

Or if you are handy with tools, you can make one like I did:

See Easy homemade UMC cable holder for more pics and "how to".

umc-hanger1-jpg.102799

Reactions: xkwizit
I am in the exact same situation. Between the garage doors is 19" but will be tight for the coiled cable. Plus I have a 12" block wall at the bottom I don't want the cable hitting.

I have to install my sub panel above and a 14-50 outlet at the bottom until the HPWC's become available again.

I am in the exact same situation. Between the garage doors is 19" but will be tight for the coiled cable. Plus I have a 12" block wall at the bottom I don't want the cable hitting.

I have to install my sub panel above and a 14-50 outlet at the bottom until the HPWC's become available again.

The backboard of my cable hanger (post #6 above) is only 12" wide and the central drum only 8" diameter, so would fit easily between your doors. I too have a 240V outlet near the floor with my UMC cable draped over the rack and then coiled around.

Last edited: