Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector failure. Professionally installed. Worked once!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Alta

Jan 15, 2017
RI
Tried clearing w 100 amp breakers and reset button. No active indicator lights on wall connector unit. Button on cable plug does activate lid on car to open charging port, but BCE inserted only get red light and cable fault reading. Ludicrous model w fastest charging unit in car and circuit installed and it doesn't work. Slow backup cable at 12 amps works but thousands of dollars later for car charger upgrade, wall unit, and installation this is disappointing. Anyone else experiencing wall charging unit failures?

The only issue I have had was fixed with the reset button, and that was only once and likely my fault.

We don't have any information about how your system is wired, where the circuit panel is located, what size and how many breakers you have. I assume the internal selector for the connector were properly set by your electrician -- I doubt it would have worked once if that was not done.

Did you ever have a light on the front panel? if the LED connection was not plugged in, this would not light up. I'm at a loss as to you not getting the green power LED, yet pushing the button on the handle opens the charge port. It must be getting SOME power...

I would guess that the unit is faulty, either because of improper installation or factory defect, but really impossible to tell. Perhaps get your electrician back out to check the system and internal settings. If nothing else, he can temporarily replace the breaker and wire in a NEMA 14-50 outlet so you can charge the car.

Reactions: mrElbe