Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector front glass

YEG EV

Aug 19, 2020
Edmonton
So this happened to my Tesla Wall connector, is it possible to get this fixed or do I have to send the whole unit back?

IMG_3621.jpg

YEG EV

Aug 19, 2020
Edmonton
A short drop and a sudden stop. The electrician was installing it and moved the cord without securing the front section first and it popped off the wall. They have contacted Tesla, but I thought that I would ask here.

MP3Mike

Feb 1, 2016
Oregon
I doubt they want it back, or would treat it as a warranty repair. Your only likely choice is to have the electrician buy a replacement.

YEG EV

Aug 19, 2020
Edmonton
Oh no! Such a sad picture. Is it still safe to use or did the internal components get damaged also?

It is just the front glass that broke, I assume that it is safe to use I just don't have a car to test it on yet. The green light comes on when power is turned on, I chose to leave it off until I receive my car.

CaptJaC

2020 Model Y
Supporting Member
Jul 20, 2020
Middle Georgia
I too am interested in the ability to change the glass of a Gen 3 Wall Connector. The replacement Gen3 WC Tesla sent me to replace the one that was overheating (3 red) appears to be refurbished with a scratch in the glass. I still have the original Wall connector without any scratches and would love to swap the glass if possible. Cant find anything on the internet.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC