Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector Issue - Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all....Well, I have a charge that has been connected and working fine for over a year. Yesterday the following happen...

Charger light on the wall is green showing no issues
When I first connect my charger, it acts like its going to charge like normal then I get a charger interrupted message
When I went outside to check on my charger, I had a solid red light on my car (charger port)

Any suggestions?

The units looks like its fine.....

Can you charge anywhere else? Can others charge using your wall connector? Answering one or both of those questions can help identify whether the problem is with the car's onboard charger or with the wall unit. Does the charge run long enough to see on the car's display what volts/amps are being drawn?

Try recycling the breaker to the wall charger. My first HCWC died within 6 months (no lights at all). Tesla gave me a little grief as they wanted proof a certified electrician installed it, so beware. They did replace it but I had to do the install.

Good luck.

Same issue with my Model S and Gen 3 Wall Connector (have been using this Wall Connector at 48 amps for the past 6 months with no problems). Plug it in and within 1-2 minutes charge port lights up red and message "Charging Interrupted". I am not using the factory supplied 110V charger (1kW) and it's charging fine. Will take 24 hrs to charge from 50% to 80%. I spent 30 minutes on phone with Tesla Support. We reset the car, the Gen 3 Wall Connector; all to no avail. Cannot get it serviced for 2 weeks.