Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector - max run for 6/2 Romex on 50A breaker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think you will be able to find any EVSE sold by any company that can be actually permanently configured for a maximum 44A continuous, as if it were on a 55A rated circuit.
I finally got my back-ordered since May JuiceBox 48A, and hooked it up and configured it and lo-and-behold I can set it to 44A. I set it that way on the Device Configuration screen, so I think it is as permanent as it can be for a piece of electronics. I will drop a message here if for some reason it switches to 48A.

tesla app screenshot showing 44A charge rate.

1634001296705.png

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H and mociaf9
I finally got my back-ordered since May JuiceBox 48A, and hooked it up and configured it and lo-and-behold I can set it to 44A. I set it that way on the Device Configuration screen, so I think it is as permanent as it can be for a piece of electronics. I will drop a message here if for some reason it switches to 48A.

tesla app screenshot showing 44A charge rate.

View attachment 720436
Wow, that is really interesting. I don't think I've seen one before that would let you set such an unusual max value. And it does show that as the actual limit, since it's 44/44.

• Informative
Reactions: rjpjnk and ATPMSD