Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector not charging car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same issue with my HPWC after almost 6 years of working perfectly. Has anyone come up with a resolution to this? HPWC remains green but error in car showing charging stopped - check charging equipment comes up. 240v tests perfectly past the fuses in HPWC, but no power is reaching the car.

Same issue with my HPWC after almost 6 years of working perfectly. Has anyone come up with a resolution to this? HPWC remains green but error in car showing charging stopped - check charging equipment comes up. 240v tests perfectly past the fuses in HPWC, but no power is reaching the car.

Does it work if you flex the cable? I have an HPWC with a broken control wire that works only if you bend the right way. You can easily do a continuity check to confirm.

I haven't found a replacement cable for the right price, but happy if someone has options to share

Reactions: pts260
Yes had the same issue previously.
The instructions for the electrician supplied by tesla can be easily incorrectly interpreted. This is likely the problem (same thing happened to me - green until you plug in then it goes red when you do). Suggest you get your electrician back to wire it to what normally occurs, rather than to the poorly worded instructions.
Mitchell could also supply some clarity and help. He is a great resource.
How to contact Mitchell?