Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector on Ebay, safe to order?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry if this been posted already, anyone purchased the Tesla Wall Connector on Ebay.. for under $400 dollars. I love the price but not sure if it is safe to order plus if it is original and if it fails, will Tesla warranty it? Help!

If it were me, I'd buy new from Tesla for $500. There was a redesign in Spring 2016 and I'd want to be sure I got the latest, greatest. I've purchased 3 and I think they might ding you a little for shipping. If you do purchase off Ebay, I'd make sure it's the updated connector that's enabled for power sharing.

Reactions: MTR852
Sorry if this been posted already, anyone purchased the Tesla Wall Connector on Ebay.. for under $400 dollars. I love the price but not sure if it is safe to order plus if it is original and if it fails, will Tesla warranty it? Help!

I ordered a HPWC off of EBay back in early December and it came directly from Tesla although the seller in no way seemed to be affiliated with the company. I thought it could have been a one off type deal, but this seller had a ton for sale. The packing slip showed that it was sent directly from Tesla a week or so after I placed my order. The one I ordered was a brand new HPWC with a 24-foot cord (Second Generation). FWIW, the seller was out of Canada.

Last edited:
I have one off eBay. They’re usually Canadian resellers who take advantage of tax breaks and resell. Perfectly functional and the seller offered 30 day warranty. A bit of a moral dilemma but they’ll end up somewhere right?

could they also be referral prizes? that's the first referral prize correct? To earn a referral prize, you already have to own an S/X and if you already own an S/X you likely have your charging sorted so a hpwc doesn't really provide much value. The $400 does though.

could they also be referral prizes? that's the first referral prize correct? To earn a referral prize, you already have to own an S/X and if you already own an S/X you likely have your charging sorted so a hpwc doesn't really provide much value. The $400 does though.
The WCs offered as referral prizes are signature black with an etched Elon signature. Nobody has reported receiving the signature black WCs yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
The main person that seems to be selling them has sold quite a few more that you would expect to be prizes.

About 3 years ago I bought one from a Canadian eBay seller for about $450. Keep in mind this when Tesla still had their original unit selling for about $1,000. So in that case the savings was worth the warranty risk. The one I got was brand new and has been working just fine ever since. Now that there's minimal savings on these, I'm not sure I would do it. But these sellers are typically valid and there's nothing illegal involved.