TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Wall connector out of stock

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by NoVIN4Me, Mar 24, 2016.

1. NoVIN4Me

NoVIN4Me Member

Was going to have the wall connector installed a day after my delivery, but now it its out of stock, what should I do? Should I wait it out or install the nema 14-50?

2. ahmarm

ahmarm Member

I would install the NEMA 14-50 for now. You don't want to charge the Model X on standard 110volt outlet. (3 mi/hr charge rate)

3. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

I would wire everything up in your ideal scenario if the Wall Connector was in stock. Then attach a 14-50 outlet with the appropriate breaker unless you can manage 120v charging for a few weeks. A 50amp breaker and a 14-50 receptacle shouldn't be too costly if 120v charging isn't going to cut it.

4. aesculus

aesculus Still Trying to Figure this All Out

I plan to be a local supercharger troll for a few weeks and just use 110v to keep the car topped off during infrequent local trips.

• Helpful x 1
  5. drewmcmanus

drewmcmanus Member

I'm in the same boat. I'm getting the X much sooner than expected, the garage is not ready, and now I can't get my hands on a wall connector. Just going to use a local supercharger until I can get the wall connector. If Tesla emails me about it, I guess I can just explain why.

6. CaliX

CaliX Member

I just had the NEMA 14-50 installed yesterday to cover me until the Wall charger is back in stock.

7. jhu01

jhu01 Member

Just call your local service center and they should have it in stock. I picked mine up from Costa Mesa and when I called to check availability, I was told that they have plenty of them left.

8. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Picked mine up from Costa Mesa today. I ran into the staff area of the service center to peak at the X before they dragged me away