Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector v3 Firmware Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

s34gull

Supporting Member
Aug 12, 2020
Denver, CO
Just noticed new version of V3 firmware had rolled out in the past week. Was on 0.8.5.xxx IIRC, and now on 1.3.0+gccd303ce7618ed. No release notes, so not sure if we now have active load sharing or not. Seeing less of an issue with amperage drops (due to overheating), but that might be due to tightening the contact point to spec (5.6 nm), as they were quite loose.

this is interesting...i got off the phone with tesla this morning because it had completely stopped working last night. i’ve had a call on my wall connector since october for the original issue on throttling. they’re going to send me a new unit; they said the issue has been resolved and that mine has an internal hardware issue. new units are fixed supposedly.

however, i’m still on the firmware you mentioned before this newest update. weeks later i haven’t gotten the update and my wifi is connected. wondering why the guy on the phone didn’t notice my firmware. thinking maybe i should give them a call back about pushing an update.

anyways, i’m glad to know they have fixed the issued!

Just noticed new version of V3 firmware had rolled out in the past week. Was on 0.8.5.xxx IIRC, and now on 1.3.0+gccd303ce7618ed. No release notes, so not sure if we now have active load sharing or not. Seeing less of an issue with amperage drops (due to overheating), but that might be due to tightening the contact point to spec (5.6 nm), as they were quite loose.

This is the first time I've seen reference to a newer firmware version than the one I'm presently running (0.8.58+g2f475f6c93fd79). Could you confirm what version you're on presently? And did you do anything to force an update? Or for that matter is anyone aware of how that's done?

This is the first time I've seen reference to a newer firmware version than the one I'm presently running (0.8.58+g2f475f6c93fd79). Could you confirm what version you're on presently? And did you do anything to force an update? Or for that matter is anyone aware of how that's done?

I am also on 0.8.58+g2f475f6c93fd79 it seems to keep on updating without me doing anything.

Anyone else having issues accessing the settings? The firmware on mine (I ordered it in November) was upgraded right before Christmas, it seemed to have defaulted itself on the upgrade so I had to reconfigure it to attach to my SSID. When I attached to it's SSID I could get to all the settings but once it joined my network it know only shows a pic of the unit, the serial #, and the part # with a spinning icon underneath. Tried with OS X, Windows, iPad, IOS...And with different browsers on each. Same result. I was on 0.8.58 and the new FW is 1.4.2-0. It charges fine BTW.
HPWC.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: BManCan
Anyone else having issues accessing the settings? The firmware on mine (I ordered it in November) was upgraded right before Christmas, it seemed to have defaulted itself on the upgrade so I had to reconfigure it to attach to my SSID. When I attached to it's SSID I could get to all the settings but once it joined my network it know only shows a pic of the unit, the serial #, and the part # with a spinning icon underneath. Tried with OS X, Windows, iPad, IOS...And with different browsers on each. Same result. I was on 0.8.58 and the new FW is 1.4.2-0. It charges fine BTW. View attachment 623581

Yep. Same exact thing. I thought it was just my unit. Seems to charge fine though.

Exactly the same here. Settings load properly if I connect to the Wall Charger SSID, but will not load when accessed as node on my local network. I started to debug the issue in Chrome, but got sidetracked over the holidays. The JavaScript the runs apparently has an issue when running via non-default DNS.

I am too lazy to seek out :)

Props for the honesty! :)

The infinite loading spinner with current FW is a known issue from Tesla support, according to another thread on this site

Yeah I assumed this was it, just cracks me up that this was not found in QA. I really have no need to access the settings so I will just hang tight and hope they push new firmware soon.

Total guess but maybe it is the start of some sort of authentication, I always thought it was curious that they had an open page that someone could change the amperage setting of the device.

FYI I am pretty sure they pushed an update out recently. I see this now:
WC 2.jpg

I am sure they did this to stop leaving a wide open page that someone could easily change the amperage. Which I called out as a security risk before. So I am fine with this route, it would be nice to see version displayed on this page however.

It is not possible to change the max amperage once the wall connector is part of the home network. It will display the settings, but any attempt to change them results in an error message.

In order to change the settings, one would have to do what the manual says: connect to the internal hotspot. Which means you need to press and hold the button on the handle for five seconds which activates the internal hotspot. You can then connect to it and adjust the settings as needed.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Ugg. I bought 2 v3 wall connectors for the power sharing feature and now I find out, having installed the first one that I am on Elon time! FFS, I wish this was clearer when you order the thing, I would likely have chosen another solution. Buyer beware :-(

Reactions: kayak1