Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector version?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone help me identify which gen wall connector this is. Looking to buy it from a local but the details are light (previous home owners left it behind).
Capture+_2021-07-08-16-57-18.png

Generation 1. If it’s a metal face cover it’s Gen 1, plastic silver cover or black plastic With Elon sig that’s Gen 2 and can be daisy chained etc. Gen 3 has a glass face and cannot daisy chain with Gen 2. Gen 1 should be pretty cheap in my opinion as you’ll be limited to expansion and certainly no warranty coverage.

Upvote 0
Generation 1. If it’s a metal face cover it’s Gen 1, plastic silver cover or black plastic With Elon sig that’s Gen 2 and can be daisy chained etc. Gen 3 has a glass face and cannot daisy chain with Gen 2. Gen 1 should be pretty cheap in my opinion as you’ll be limited to expansion and certainly no warranty coverage.
Thanks for the quick feedback! Pretty sure it's a gen 1 then....in your opinion, assuming it's gen 1, what would you consider to be a fair price? not trying to over pay and pretty new to the Tesla family.
TIA

Upvote 0
If it were me and I was weighing it against getting a Gen 2 (many for sale still in boxes for $400-ish). I’d offer $250 tops. It’s older, it’s used, it’s out of warranty, it has limited abilities versus the new ones. I also have a faint recollection that a Gen1 may not work with newer Tesla‘s. ill See if I can dig that up but hopefully someone with a Gen1 and a newer (2020+) model can confirm A Gen1 can still charge the newest vehicles.

Upvote 0
Generation 1. If it’s a metal face cover it’s Gen 1, plastic silver cover or black plastic With Elon sig that’s Gen 2
Yeah, that's a little hard to tell from just that front view, since there were both Gen1 and Gen2 that had that kind of silver front face. A key feature you can check that is different is that in the Gen2, they added that docking notch cutout in the body of it on the right side to hang the handle in. The Gen1 didn't have that, and you just had to drape the cord on something else.

Upvote 0