Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector will not connect to Internet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After scanning the QR code for my Tesla Wall Connector and selecting connect to the Internet I get the message "checking the quality of your Internet connection", then it asks if I want to "always connect " which I select, then it gives me the message "connected without Internet". After I go through this process I lose Internet connection on my phone which I have to do a network reset to reestablish it. I've also tried manually connecting the Wall Connector by attempting to add it to the network, but I always get the same result, "connected without Internet ".Both of these methods are prefaced with pushing the button on the chargers handle for at least 5 seconds to initiate it's WiFi signal. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

"connected without Internet".

This is what should happen. When you connect to the wall connector‘s WIFi, note that the connector is NOT a router, it is an access point. All you can do with that connection is configure the connector. On the connect you tell it how to connect to your home WiFi and it will tell you if you have a successful connection - but you still cannot connect through it to then internet.

The WiFi on the connector is only to allow it to connect to the internet for updates and for Tesla is diagnose problems.

Hope this helps!

• Helpful
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0
I will be moving my current Wall Charger into my new home prior to the activation of the internet/wifi. The internet service and associated routers and AP's will happen a couple of later. Can I still use the Wall Charger prior to the availability of internet? It does not appear so but I thought it was better to ask.

Upvote 0
I will be moving my current Wall Charger into my new home prior to the activation of the internet/wifi. The internet service and associated routers and AP's will happen a couple of later. Can I still use the Wall Charger prior to the availability of internet? It does not appear so but I thought it was better to ask.
It will work fine without being connected to the Internet.

But size circuit breaker is it configured for now, and will it be the same in your new home. If necessary you may need to adjust the charging current until you can access it to properly configure it for the breaker used in your new home if it is different.

Upvote 0
It will work fine without being connected to the Internet.

But size circuit breaker is it configured for now, and will it be the same in your new home. If necessary you may need to adjust the charging current until you can access it to properly configure it for the breaker used in your new home if it is different.
Thanks for the information. I assumed that it would be OK, but you know what they say about assuming.

Yup. It's on a 60amp breaker here and will be there as well. I had not considered that but as it turns out it will not be an issue.

Upvote 0