Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector without WiFi

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 MYLR, and I just accepted an estimate to have an electrician come to install a Wall Connector in my garage........Unfortunately, my house currently has no WiFi, and may not for the next year or so. I do have cell service - can I use cell service and my phone to control and make changes to the Connector's options (scheduling, etc), or do I need specific internet WiFi?

can I use cell service and my phone to control and make changes to the Connector's options (scheduling, etc), or do I need specific internet WiFi?

All settings to the wall connector are made by connecting to the Wall Connector’s access point (WiFi) via your phone or iPad. Connecting to a home WiFI setup is only for firmware upgrades at this point in time.

Scheduling and such is managed from the Car or the Tesla App (through the car).

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
All settings to the wall connector are made by connecting to the Wall Connector’s access point (WiFi) via your phone or iPad. Connecting to a home WiFI setup is only for firmware upgrades at this point in time.

Scheduling and such is managed from the Car or the Tesla App (through the car).
Also worth mentioning that you can download a firmware update to your phone, then have the Wall Connector update it's firmware from the copy on your phone. Your Wall Connector will be just fine without Wi-Fi access, nothing to worry about.