Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall connector won’t release charge handle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charge handle stuck in the side of the wall connector? If so, nothing electro-mechanical there. Just held in by the angle and a catch.
It feels like it’s locked and just won’t release - I’ve tried to tug on it and pull it out and it started to flash 3 red lights so I turned the breakers off and on and then it’s fine back to green but it still won’t release the charge handle

Upvote 0
Have you tried lifting the handle before pulling it out? There's nothing holding it in besides gravity. Otherwise you might have some sort of defect that caused it to be stuck. But if you can lift the handle easily you should be able to pull it out.
Yes! I tried that as well and nothing. I am able to wiggle it around, push up and pull but it just won’t release.

Upvote 0
It feels like it’s locked and just won’t release - I’ve tried to tug on it and pull it out and it started to flash 3 red lights so I turned the breakers off and on and then it’s fine back to green but it still won’t release the charge handle
Tesla branded wall connector? Gen3?

Tugging it and causing lights to flash would be incredibly odd. Unless I’m missing something.

Reactions: kayak1
Upvote 0
Unfortunately it’s not in the car - it’s stuck in the wall charger itself.
It's just a notch inside you lift the handle up to release it from the notch as @lgibson said. The handle is only held on with gravity and the weight on the cable end it's not electronic. You can see the little square notch on the ones that you print.

1652656690909.png

Upvote 0