TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wall connector

Discussion in 'Model X: Battery & Charging' started by MidwestMX, May 25, 2018.

1. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

Just had the wall connector installed in preparation for my MX delivery and noticed the light stays green and it doesn’t have an off switch. (Or at least I can see one) is this normal and the light always stays green and unit always stays on?

2. DCGOO

DCGOO Member

Yes,normal. When charging the light is animated in an attractive pattern. That way you know when the car is charging and/or complete vs a power failure

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  3. arcus

arcus Active Member

Solid green means that the connector is receiving the power and there are no issues detected (such as ground fault). All good!

• Like x 2
  4. MidwestMX

MidwestMX Member

Thank you both!

5. billion

billion Member

And as I just discovered, no light means the home charger no longer works. Tesla is sending a replacement for the failed unit. Five months old and it simply quit in the middle of charging my Model X.