Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Connector

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We just had a Tesla wall connector installed. I have been trying to commission it. First, when I attempt to connect to the wall connector's wifi (I was able to input the password and I put my iPhone in airplane mode) but it says that there is no internet connection. See pix below. I tried going to the commission page by scanning the QR code for the commissioning interface and the server times out. Thoughts? Thanks!

IMG_1387.jpg

I thought airplane mode turned OFF Wi-Fi.

your internet connection at your home
your iphone
Your TeslaWall Connector
Your electric car

good luck, I have no idea
Thanks for your response. FYI, you can turn wifi on after you've put it in airplane mode. If you've flown that's how you connect to the plane's wifi after putting it you phone in airplane mode.

There is nothing wrong. The check mark infront of the TeslaWallConnector shows you have successfully connected to the wall connector. Go to 192.168.92.1 to commission it. But make sure the green light on the wall connector is blinking green, which indicates it is in commissioning mode (re-read the instructions if you need too).

The “No internet connection” is perfectly normal and correct. The wall connector broadcast WiFi as a access point so you can connect to it. The wall connector is NOT a router, you cannot connect to the internet through it.

Hi Juliej,
We have spent hours trying to commission our WC. The five green lights would change to a solid red and no one could explain why we were not getting the single flashing green.
Finally someone at Tesla advised scanning the two codes and then skipping the wifi and software sections, and going straight to Installation. From there > select country > set max output (ours was 32) > enable ground monitor interrupter. The red light on the WC then turned to a flashing green and we could charge. Amazing!
Bluey