Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wall, SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PLUS EV

Running on Empty
Sep 16, 2016
Seattle
I scouted Wall last night and found what appeared to be 8 of the parking bumpers that are often used at superchargers in a location that could be where a new supercharger is going. There was also a trailer in the same area of the similar sort that I've seen at supercharger construction sites (see Supercharger - Wheatland, WY). Unfortunately I didn't catch the name or any other distinguishing feature on the trailer so as to compare to the trailer at Wheatland.

Again, this is just parking bumpers and a trailer so who knows, but the fact that it was 8 of them made me more confident. I would have put the odds of the Wall supercharger being 8 stalls at about 90% so that would be highly coincidental. It's also possible that Wheatland, Custer and Wall are all being built by the same crew. The Wheatland crew is based out of NW Kansas.

The location these were spotted is the old Wounded Knee Museum (it was moved a few years ago after an electrical fire). If this is where they are putting the supercharger, then presumably a different business is going in where the museum is. Either that or the city is just letting Tesla use the parking lot (there are many hotels, gas stations and fast food restaurants within walking distance). It could also be that they are just storing some things on this vacant lot and they will actually build on one of the adjacent properties (probably one of the gas stations as the hotel lots are fairly small).

Anyways, pics in my next post...

D7D6DC5D-97D4-47C9-8F62-BD0236DDE015.jpeg
3AE4DF1D-47E3-41ED-A323-F3E170009807.jpeg

It's hard to make out, but in the bottom pic there is a 2nd pile of 3 parking bumpers in the background (left side of the pic). So one pile of 5 and one pile of 3 = 8 total parking bumpers. And then also you can see the trailer in the background.

A real stretch, but thanks for stopping and scouting.
Hey I could possibly get some award for spotting a location with the least amount of evidence :)

Also, it's probably less of a stretch than it seems based on the context of exactly where it is in that town and based on similarities with nearby supercharger construction sites. Was using my best judgment here.

Score 1 for PLUS EV! From the April 5 City Council minutes:

The engineer was not in attendance to give an update on the parking lot project with the Tesla charging stations. A meeting is scheduled for the 19th with the Mayor, engineer and the Tesla representative to discuss the plan proposal.

Last edited:
Score 1 for PLUS EV! From the April 5 City Council minutes:

Hmm, that only shows that there is going to be a SC somewhere in the town (which we knew - it's on Tesla's map, and there aren't many other options along that route). It doesn't tie it in to @PLUS EV 's find. (Although I suspect PLUS EV is correct here, the city council minutes don't provide any additional confirmation).

For future reference, the address being discussed is:

43.987262, -102.239563

201-211 10th Ave, Wall, SD 57790

Last edited:
I don't think it is quite blue-dot-worthy until we have confirmation of an agreement between the City and Tesla (and of the specific site). I would be surprised if the supercharger didn't end up at this site though - the City clearly does all it can to encourage visitors so they aren't going to make Tesla jump through hoops.

All the signs along I 90 should add " supercharging available and free water".

I agree that it isn't quite blue dot worthy yet, but it's getting close! In fact, almost orange construction cone worthy!

And yes, if Tesla ever starts advertising Wall Supercharger billboards would be hilarious. I really like the idea of FREE JUICE although it might lead to some disappointed kids. Some Casa de Supercharger signs in "Hollister" would also be a must.

• Funny
Reactions: Darren S
Awesome thread everyone. Glad to see the updates. I-90 has been my only route being in ND. Going east to West to Murdo and Rapid City has been a stretch even in an 85 with 90% charge due to strong West winds. This is the last addition to make i-90 through SD a breeze even for the 60kWh folks. Now I just hope there is a crew popping up to ND to start work sooner than later, it's been a long 4+ year wait!