Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wall Street Journal Model 3 AWD Performance Review-Buckle Up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate being right. Poor guy deleted his Twitter account.

Not only shorts. It seems like both Tesla and anti Tesla trolls just released their basement dwelling hate on this poor guy.

To the one group he is an oil shill, because he said that the performance model 3 isn't a mass market car. To the others he is a Tesla fan boy, because he wrote a positive review.

But good for him, to delete his twitter. It's just a cestpool of hate. And that's not at all limited to Tesla. Take the comments to any famous person's tweet and read them for halve an hour. You will feel sick afterwards.

[QUOTE="R.S, post: 2893016, member: 33344"]Not only shorts. It seems like both Tesla and anti Tesla trolls just released their basement dwelling hate on this poor guy.

[/QUOTE]

That’s false. The attacks came from anti-Tesla shorts and trolls, not Tesla fans. You can see this in the WSJ comments as well.

Last edited:
Not only shorts. It seems like both Tesla and anti Tesla trolls just released their basement dwelling hate on this poor guy.

To the one group he is an oil shill, because he said that the performance model 3 isn't a mass market car. To the others he is a Tesla fan boy, because he wrote a positive review.

But good for him, to delete his twitter. It's just a cestpool of hate. And that's not at all limited to Tesla. Take the comments to any famous person's tweet and read them for halve an hour. You will feel sick afterwards.
Don’t need make up your own stories. Performance versions are never mass market. Tesla or Tesla fans have never claimed so.

Reactions: WarpedOne
That’s false. The attacks came from anti-Tesla shorts and trolls, not Tesla fans. You can see this in the WSJ comments as well.

Don’t need make up your own stories. Performance versions are never mass market. Tesla or Tesla fans have never claimed so.
[/QUOTE]

True! I retain my comment. I was confusing it with another article, where the author praised performance (of the LR not the performance version) but said the 35k car was still an unfulfilled promise.

In this case, the hate very clearly only came from one side. But I'd bet someone was offended by the comment about the touchscreen, as well. I've read enough comments under Model 3 reviews, where one side criticizes the author for being an oil shill, even though the review was mostly good and the other side calling the author a Tesla fan boy, despite pointing out some faults.

But I agree, that I made a mistake here.

Reactions: ℬête Noire
In my opinion, the well known people who trolled this guy (e.g. Montana Skeptic) should be removed from Twitter, and should have his seeking alpha account rescinded. He clearly has no shame on this matter.

Should be real world consequences to those, on all sides, who troll like this because they are somehow offended. Things happen in the world that you agree with and do not agree with that are just another persons opinions. Well known figures that take part in this are using their platform to abuse another.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Twitter is a dumpster fire in general.

I'm still not in love with the touchscreen-only approach, but I can live with it. The bigger problem I'm having is actually with a passenger and the UI (particularly the volume control). No tactile feedback on the volume control (with a rather small radius to adjust at that) is not a good combo for the golden-aged among us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twatter is a dumpster fire in general.

I'm still not in love with the touchscreen-only approach, but I can live with it. The bigger problem I'm having is actually with a passenger and the UI (particularly the volume control). No tactile feedback on the volume control (with a rather small radius to adjust at that) is not a good combo for the golden-aged among us.

I'm not sure if volume is supported yet, but using voice to adjust might be a better alternative.

Reactions: vinnie97
Twitter is a dumpster fire in general.

I like the minimalist dash, but that that screen sticking out of it doesn't look very good to me. It would look a lot better if it was set into the dash, like it is on the Models S.

The volume can be adjusted with the left scroll wheel on the steering wheel.

I like the minimalist dash, but that that screen sticking out of it doesn't look very good to me. It would look a lot better if it was set into the dash, like it is on the Models S.

I agree.

it is sticking to the front to make it easier for the driver to reach out, as the dash is a little far from the driver. But then they could have had a slight different dash design to accommodate that than how it sticks out now.

It would look more like other cars if it was embedded in the dash.

But I love that Tesla goes back to first principles and puts it where it is most useful given all of the things it can (and will) do.

Tesla: you did good.