Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wallace, NC Supercharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@BlueShift, add this one to the list of under construction superchargers, please

A new 8 stall supercharger location is coming right along in Wallace, NC, at exit 385 off of I-40. The superchargers are located across the street from the holiday inn express, where a gravel parking lot used to be (still looks this way on the satellite pic used by google maps). The transformer and electric meter are already in place, but no power yet.

IMG_5205.PNG IMG_5206.PNG IMG_5192.JPG IMG_5200.JPG IMG_5202.JPG

Wallace is not a good location for those of us headed to the Morehead/Atlantic Beach area from the triangle. If anyone from Tesla is paying attention, we need a SC on the US 70 corridor, preferably Goldsboro or Kinston.

Actually the route from Wallace to Morehead City is 14 miles SHORTER than from Warsaw to Morehead City. My dilemma is finding a charger in the Morehead City area that will get me back to Wallace to supercharge.

Reactions: GaryW
It doesn't look shorter on the map, and the roads look worse, but I will take your word for it. What route do you take? Chargepoint has a plug at Carteret Crossing in Cape Carteret, and there are plugs at the Boat House in Beaufort

Reactions: GaryW
It doesn't look shorter on the map, and the roads look worse, but I will take your word for it. What route do you take? Chargepoint has a plug at Carteret Crossing in Cape Carteret, and there are plugs at the Boat House in Beaufort

My X only adds 28 miles per hour at the Boat House. That's a lot of time to hang out when you are making a fast weekend beach trip. Take NC 41 and NC111 to US 258 into Jacksonville and connect to NC 24 to Morehead City. It's 77 miles and 1:34 travel time to the Hampton Inn on Arendell Street.

A SC on rt 70 would be ideal. The Wallace SC is a great location, but we take our kids to the SeaGull/Seafarer camps near New Bern every year. Driving back and forth to hotel from camp is a real setup for range anxiety!