TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Wallace, NC Supercharger

Discussion in 'North America' started by BSD_NWS, May 31, 2018.

1. BSD_NWS

BSD_NWS Member

@BlueShift, add this one to the list of under construction superchargers, please

A new 8 stall supercharger location is coming right along in Wallace, NC, at exit 385 off of I-40. The superchargers are located across the street from the holiday inn express, where a gravel parking lot used to be (still looks this way on the satellite pic used by google maps). The transformer and electric meter are already in place, but no power yet.

IMG_5205.PNG IMG_5206.PNG IMG_5192.JPG IMG_5200.JPG IMG_5202.JPG

• Informative x 8
    • Like x 3
  2. ItsNotAboutTheMoney

ItsNotAboutTheMoney Well-Known Member

Maybe will replace the troublesome Warsaw, NC Supercharger?

3. otter

otter Recovering eager beaver

@BSD_NWS , your concise and complete report should be a template for the rest us.

• Like x 2
  4. smartypnz

smartypnz Supporting Member

Ahhh... the three W's..... Wallace, Wilmington, and Warsaw!!!

• Funny x 1
  5. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

I stopped at Warsaw SC on 5/23/2018 to see its status. Charged for about 15 minutes with no problem, but Mr. Happy did not come out of the motel :) I do not advise leaving you car while charging, since the motel owner is a real jerk.

6. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

New charging location so much better.

Mad boar still a decent place to eat at?

7. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Have not eaten at Mad Boar for a couple of years but it was great back then. Shrimp and grits to kill for :) Headed back there next month so stay tuned for update...

8. SigNC

SigNC Member

Nice. This will be so much better than the warsaw charger by the dank hotel.

9. Product_Guy

Product_Guy Member

Update: still no power, but the landscaping and spot lines have been completed. This will be a great station once it opens!

36C7BB3C-30AA-4C0C-8041-46ADE6067495.jpeg 8C5DC5D5-6AF1-4F99-8C83-2FD0FBB796FC.jpeg

• Like x 3
  10. SkipL

SkipL Member

Wallace is not a good location for those of us headed to the Morehead/Atlantic Beach area from the triangle. If anyone from Tesla is paying attention, we need a SC on the US 70 corridor, preferably Goldsboro or Kinston.

11. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

Actually the route from Wallace to Morehead City is 14 miles SHORTER than from Warsaw to Morehead City. My dilemma is finding a charger in the Morehead City area that will get me back to Wallace to supercharge.

• Like x 1
  12. SkipL

SkipL Member

It doesn't look shorter on the map, and the roads look worse, but I will take your word for it. What route do you take? Chargepoint has a plug at Carteret Crossing in Cape Carteret, and there are plugs at the Boat House in Beaufort

• Like x 1
  13. nctalkinghead

nctalkinghead Member

My X only adds 28 miles per hour at the Boat House. That's a lot of time to hang out when you are making a fast weekend beach trip. Take NC 41 and NC111 to US 258 into Jacksonville and connect to NC 24 to Morehead City. It's 77 miles and 1:34 travel time to the Hampton Inn on Arendell Street.

14. proven

proven Member

I'm actually staying at the Holiday Inn Express there in Wallace tomorrow night--I'll check to see if the charger is operational yet. Has anyone checked since Product_Guy did on Saturday?

• Like x 1
  15. proven

proven Member

It’s operational!

Attached Files:

• Like x 5
  16. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

17. SigNC

SigNC Member

Nice, and nice rims! :)

18. GaryW

GaryW Supporting Member

Nice picture!

19. VRMD

VRMD New Member

A SC on rt 70 would be ideal. The Wallace SC is a great location, but we take our kids to the SeaGull/Seafarer camps near New Bern every year. Driving back and forth to hotel from camp is a real setup for range anxiety!

20. bhzmark

bhzmark Supporting Member

Waze ends these debates