TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Walnut Creek area tire shop recommendations

Discussion in 'California' started by Larry, Apr 14, 2015.

1. Larry

Larry Member

Anyone know of a Tesla experienced tire shop around Walnut Creek?
    Thanks

2. alohates1a

alohates1a Member

I use Americas Tire Walnut creek to service my Model S tires- good service. Have also patronized the Americas Tire in Dublin for non Tesla cars and have never had a bad experience with them.

3. Larry

Larry Member

Thanks.

4. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

Waking this thread up just to put in another good word for America's Tire in Walnut Creek. They just repaired two tires on my S85D. The manager of this store used to be the manager of the Dublin store...he knows a fair amount about Teslas, most importantly about raising air suspension and jack mode, jack points on the Model S, and torque for the lug nuts...and he made a special note about jack mode on the work order so the techs in the back knew about it too.

When it's time to get a new set of tires, I'm going to give them a call.

Bruce.

5. JPP

JPP Active Member

I was at the WC America's Tire 2 weeks ago for a routine wheel balance/rotate (every 5000-6000 miles) on my 2013 S85. I bought my 2nd set of Goodyear Eagle RS (old original OEM 19" tires) there. They match Tier Rack prices. Only do tires--no upset for brakes, etc (...but do not do alignments). Made an on-line appointment. Showed up. They were on time, fast, friendly. Understand Tesla well. No problems figuring out SAS and jack mode. Careful with the lug nuts (the original ones have wimpy foil caps)--hand checked the torque. I have switched from Wheel Works (my prior go-to tire shop in WC)...had some prior less than optimal experiences and 'upsells'. All good.