Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wanderers video

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SpaceX posted a link to this video on their twitter account:

Wanderers - a short film by Erik Wernquist on Vimeo

It should appeal to anyone interested in space. I'm certain Elon would find it inspirational for what he is trying to achieve.

Thanks for posting Grendal, that video was awesome. I'm going to try and play it on my HDTV bigscreen next.

It appears to be modern CGI, but with Carl Sagans narration, that is interesting. I wonder if it is just upgraded visuals with reused narration, or if that was one of Mr. Sagans last narrations. If so, it looks amazing and fresh for the time period.

Thanks for posting Grendal, that video was awesome. I'm going to try and play it on my HDTV bigscreen next.

It appears to be modern CGI, but with Carl Sagans narration, that is interesting. I wonder if it is just upgraded visuals with reused narration, or if that was one of Mr. Sagans last narrations. If so, it looks amazing and fresh for the time period.

I agree, great short!

The creator writes on his homepage:
More directly, I have also borrowed the voice of astronomer and author Carl Sagan to narrate the film. The audio I used are excerpts from his own reading of his book 'Pale Blue Dot: A Vision of the Human Future in Space' (1994) - needless to say, a huge inspiration for this film.

I want to fully admit that I have no explicit permission to use the voice of Carl Sagan in this film. My hope is - as this is a completely non-profit production, made to enlighten and inspire - that whoever holds those rights today will approve of what I have done. However, if any owner of these rights finds this use inappropriate, please let me know and I will take measures immediately.

For a list and detailed descriptions of all the places in our solar system depicted in that video, see WANDERERS Gallery - The Open Road

Before reading that list I tried to guess the locations. I got about half of them right. Not a very impressive effort on my part. The hollow body really confused me until I read the explanation!

It really is an incredible and spectacular video. I sent an email to the guy who created it thanking him for his creativity and hard work.

Last edited: